Operation Lucky Star Ends
Well I never said it began, but that it has now ended.
So for the last 7 months or so I was running a Research POS. That was how I finally got all my assets of Blueprints all ME Researched, as well thousands of Blueprints copied for use in T2 Invention. Enough to keep me supplied for any needed Invention for quite a long time.
Currently I have somewhere a bit over 500+ various Blueprint Originals that have all been researched and over 9000+ Blueprint Copies all made from the originals all intended for T2 Invention use. I don’t know If I will ever end up using all those Blueprint Copies for T2 Invention use, but that was and still is the plan for intended use.
About 7 months or so back my best friend Paul whom I’ve known since my first day in my very first Corp had decided to set up a High sec Research POS for his small Corp intending to do Blueprint Research. It never did work out that way, as plans soon changed after the POS was setup.
At the time I was getting Blueprint Research done in two ways. One was I was utilizing a few slots of the Corp in our Corp/Alliance POS to complete some my Blueprints ME Research. Getting Blueprint Copying work done wasn’t really an option since I was doing Remote Research from system station to the POS. To perform Copying jobs mean I needed to submit the job at the POS and that wasn’t really an option as the POS was owned by another Corp in our Alliance. So little by little I did Blueprint ME Research that way, a few blueprints at a time without using up all of the available slots since it was for Alliance use.
The other way I was getting Blueprint Research done was, I simple paid someone else to do it. Meaning I was contracting out my Blueprint Research needs to known contract researcher who did very good reliable work. I was already paying this researcher to do my research needs somewhat regularly for quite a number of months with various sets of blueprints. And I had a reliable and honest contract researcher as I never lost a single blueprint that was contracted for research. And though it costed me money to get them done that way, it was an arrangement that worked for me. I made enough profits via Market Trading that I didn’t consider it that big of a deal. But it was still costing me money.
So when my friend Paul deal to utilize the POS he had set up wasn’t going to work out as planned, I decided that I could have one my trained research alternate make good use of the POS he had for a while. Instead of him taking down the POS I’d use it to do some Blueprint ME Research & Copying. I would now do a mix of both Copying and ME Research at the POS. As I took to doing ME Research at the POS, I no longer relied on getting my Blueprints researched via the Contract Researcher which worked well in arrangement for the time it did. That saved me a bit of extra money.
As I got closer to overall completing most of my Blueprint ME Research needs I spent more of the time doing Blueprint Copying overall. From time to time I’d buy a few more blueprints and get them researched at the POS while mostly doing Copying work overall. That greatly increased the amount of Blueprint Copies available for T2 Invention to occupy at last count roughly 11 Small Secure Containers. Containers have a limit of 1000 items.
For the most part, use of the POS was supposed to end right before the Retribution Patch. And since there were several new ship blueprints for Retribution I figured I’d just extend the POS use using it for another month or so ME Researching the new Teir 2 Destroyer & Venture Blueprints. As well researching a few extra blueprints I had added to my ever growing collection of Blueprints.
Eventually I decided I was pretty much done with what I had needed the POS use for and told my friend Paul. I had thought of well maybe I could keep the POS up and maybe use it to acquire and research some Capital Blueprints. But that idea didn’t sit well with me to do that and I discussed that with my friend Paul. One the main reason it didn’t well with me was, when Paul had setup the POS he had set it up in a non station system. Which mean it was very risky having Blueprints in the POS labs for Research. As well risky blueprints back and forth to the POS for Research. And the idea of having to move much more expensive blueprints to such a POS, setup in such a system wasn’t a good idea to me either for future use.
So with the last blueprint in for longer term ME Research, a Sycthe Blueprint I slowly winded down the research time no longer submitting any more ME Research jobs. I just kept adding Copying jobs which were all shorter term and all well below the cutoff date for the last ME Research to make maximum use of the remaining POS time available.
Eventually the last blueprint to finish research was the Sycthe Blueprint at ME 15. Research activity at this point was at and end. It was a good many months of use doing research getting all my blueprints ME Researched and making more Blueprint Copies than I almost know what to do with. Within 12 hours of the last research activity I had my good friend Paul take down the POS. I removed most of all the Caldari Fuel Blocks, all of which I had mostly made for all those months supplying the POS with fuel. Hauled it back to station hangar. Removed the Strontium fuel as well, just keeping enough for about 3 hours as well about the same for remaining Fuel Blocks. That gave Paul enough time in which to take down the POS.
And in that remaining time my good friend Paul slowly unanchored and dismantled the entire Research POS. With that well over half a year of R&D ended. And so went my first round of managing a POS and keeping it fueled all those months came to an end.