Overhauling a Planet design with new PI Incursion Patch
Prior existing PI setup on this planet “did not” have this new existing hot spot before prior to the new PI changes. Planetary design had colony setup in another seemingly close by location all at another spot. So building and decommissioning design setup at the same time to see how new layout would work, first removed existing old extractors in old location and setup new extractors in this new location with the hottest of hot spots.
Also cannot route Extractor Command Unit from new hot spot location to Launch Pad all that distance given the routing load 166% of link normal load of resources without upgrading to a stronger link. Doing this also consumes much more power which can affect the numbers of extractors used. So redesign the layout though never hit submit button while at it so changes incurred no cost.
What I also notice by the time I was done a bit over an hour later which also had completed 2 run of the Extractor Command Unit in the new hotspot area was that the hot spot had changed in the area. The white spot in the new hotspot which was in the very first pic simply changed to just red in the very last picture as soon as the extraction cycle started in that area. Which made me believe resources on the planets now seem to constantly shift and change eventually somehow. As well the total resources in that area did change from what I remembered they were previously when I had set the extractors.
I set the planet for 2 days 1 hrs and 30 min time duration which maintains the 30 min cycle rate to match my processors to keep all units running full time vs idle time . This will work for me given my Planets are in high sec which also has a different level of resources compared to low, null and WH space planets which has much richer resources and require a different planetary layout as a result.
Well still have 8 more planets to re-design with the new extra units which will probably take a little while to complete. As well also make some changes to some the first planets I re-designed to their extra programs for efficiency and extractors duration consistency.