Planetary Interaction: Setting up on a Plasma Planet
Decided to set up resource gathering on another planet. This time I selected one of the rare planet class a Plasma class planet to deploy a new Command Center for colonization and raw material resource gathering and knew where to find one. I obtained a new Standard Plasma Command Center from my home space station and made a 1 Stargate jump to Pimebeka a 0.7 high sec solar system which is an adjoining star system.
The aptly named “plasma planets” have captured the imagination of countless artists and inspired innumerable works, yet the physics behind them are surprisingly mundane by cosmological standards. A rocky terrestrial with the right kind of atmosphere and magnetic field will, when bombarded with solar radiation, generate sprawling plasma storms as specific atmospheric elements are stripped of their electrons. Over time these storms will generally scorch the surface rock black, adding to the visual impact.
Warped off to Plasma Planet Pimebeka II and commenced scanning planet for resources to gather. Various resources seemed to be available based on initial planetary scans. Further scanning indicated a great abundance of Suspended Plasma. I’ll try to harvest that resource among all the other resources available.
So found a yet to be colonized spot on the planet with great abundance of the raw Suspended Plasma material. Deployed the Command Center module and then commenced configuring a way to deploy my Processors, Launch Pad, Storage Facility and Suspended Plasma Extractors. Locating facilities too far away will cost you a huge penalty in Power Output used and CPU from facilities to connect them all.
Took a while to configure a somewhat efficient configuration to deploy as many modules I could without exceeding my Command Center power output of 12k MW. CPU wasn’t a problem. Initial deployment came in at about 11k MW. Which left 1K power output to link the facilities for power connection. Was then able to set up the resource routes to send resources to the Processors for refining, some routes by way of the Storage Facility to store any excess raw material whenever the processors could not handle all the route transfers to facility. From Processors linked a route to store all processed materials in the Launch Pad. Total power consumption came in at about 94% with enough CPU to spare which wasn’t a problem on this deployment setup.
Commenced Scanning on the extractors and saw Suspended Solutions available. Various hrs of extraction cycles were available but set all the extractors for 23hrs cycle extraction and then commenced extraction operation. I later found out I can monitor them remotely and possible change the cycles to a higher production but shorter hourly interval when they were complete. But just in case I wasn’t available to oversee operation I set them for 23hrs.
Based on the Processors schematic’s for processing the material and the option was to produce “Plasmoids”.
I then checked over all my facilities making sure everything was in operation and seemed to be humming along just fine. I was fairly happy with another successful planetary deployment gone well and most successful deployment so far. Will have to check my units later to see the results.
Planetary Deployment Costs:
15 Units deployed in total
1 Standard Plasma Command Center: 1.6 Million ISK
1 Plasma Storage Facility: 250k ISK
9 Suspended Plasma Extractors: 405K ISK
3 Plasma Basic Industry Facility: 225k ISK
1 Plasma Launch Pad: 900k ISK
Total cost of colonization resource setup: 3,380,000.00 ISK (Hope I can make my money back!)
Most Excellent Resource: Planetary Interaction Video – by EVE University – A very good video overview!
Next Blog – Planetary Interaction: Setting up on a Storm Planet ( in Screenshots).