Patch 3.2 Some Profession Changes
There are quite a bit of changes to various professions and some things to note. Some professions have gotten more changes than other with Engineering with the most obvious changes. I’ll just try to edit and highlight more important changes.
Basically all these professions have being buffed for their various effects to catch up a bit with Blacksmith and gear sockets.
- All stackable potions now stack to 20.
- Added a new pattern for Flask of the North, usable by players with a high alchemy skill. The recipe is purchased from Northrend trainers.
- Endless Healing Potion and Endless Mana Potion no longer usable in arenas. Amount of health and mana has been increased, and the cooldown reduced.
- Five new epic gem transmute recipes are available from the Northrend trainer. The recipe for transmuting a Cardinal Ruby can be learned from a quest, given by Linzy Blackbolt in Dalaran.
- The Mixology benefits from Northrend elixirs and flasks have been increased.
- Rage potions can now be used by druids.
- Blackened Dragonfin Recipe: Now only requires 1 Dragonfin Angelfish.
- Chef’s Hat is now superior quality and allows the chef to cook faster.
- Increased the drop rate for recipes from the Outland Daily Cooking quests.
- Increased the chance to get a bonus Dalaran Cooking Token from the Spice Bag.
- The recipe for Captain Rumsey’s Lager can now be randomly found in the quest reward Crate, Barrel, or Spice Bag from the cooking dailies.
- Values on Northrend ring enchants increased.
- Players with 300 or higher cooking have a chance to find a Waterlogged Recipe in the Bag of Fishing Treasures awarded by the Northrend fishing dailies. This item can be traded to other players and rewards several Dalaran Cooking Rewards when turned in.
- Increased healing from Lifeblood (Rank 6).
- Lifeblood now scales slightly with maximum health. No longer affected by global cooldown.
- Added a new Glyph of Claw for young feral druids who haven’t yet obtained Mangle. Scribes can learn this glyph from the trainer.
- Master’s Inscriptions increased.
- Dragon’s Eye gems stat bonuses increased. In addition, these gems are no longer prismatic and must be matched to the appropriate colored socket to activate an item’s socket bonus.
- New recipes have been added for cutting epic gems and can be purchased using Dalaran Jewelcrafter’s tokens.
- Icy Prism now has a chance of yielding an epic gem.
- Raw epic gems can be obtained via the following means:
- Prospecting Titanium Ore
- Alchemy transmutations
- Purchased with honor
- Purchased with Emblems of Heroism
- Added recipe for Heavy Knothide Leather to leatherworking trainers (rather than a vendor recipe). Changed several recipes to use Heavy Knothide Leather instead of regular Leather.
- Fur Lining values increased.
- Toughness (Rank 6) provides more stamina.
- Master of Anatomy (Rank 6) provides more critical strike rating.
- Embroideries improved.
Engineering – Not covered, too many notes and don’t do engineering.