In Case You Missed It: WotLK Patch Notes & Paladin Class
A Busy Night of Wrath Info. But in case you missed it there it is. Think Paladin by far had the longest notes for any class undergoing changes. Not all the proposed changes for Paladin are there also since the proposed class changes is yet uncompleted. Only publishing notes below related to Paladins as a class.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King: Beta
- Welcome to the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Beta Test. The list below contains information on the current available content for testing and general information. This information is subject to change. Alpha testers should note that your characters have been temporarily locked out. In a few weeks time, we will unlock these characters and you will be able to continue to level them. Please visit the Beta forums to submit feedback and discuss the expansion development with others.
- The continent of Northrend is now available! To travel there, visit one of four transportation masters in either Orgrimmar, Undercity, Stormwind Harbor,or Menethil Harbor.
- The floating magical city of Dalaran is now available!
- The Barber Shop has been implemented and you can now visit one of the Barber Shops in the major cities to change your appearance.
- The all new Achievement System has been implemented.
- Transportation between Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra can be found at the Tuskarr villages in those zones.
- The level cap is currently set to 77.
- Hit Rating, Critical Strike Rating, and Haste Rating now modify both melee attacks and spells.
- All items and effects which grant bonuses to spell damage and spell healing are being consolidated into a single stat, Spellpower. This stat will appear with the same values found on items which grant “increased spell damage and healing” such as on typical Mage and Warlock itemization.
- For classes which do not heal, they should see no change in the character sheet other than new tooltip wording.
- Healing characters will see their bonus healing numbers on the character sheet decrease, however, all healing spells have been modified to receive more benefit from spellpower than they received from bonus healing, with a net effect of no change to the amount healed by their spells. Some talents have had to be rebalanced to accommodate this change, but the amount healed will remain roughly the same. In addition, some talents will provide only healing spell power.
- NPC Transportation Locations
- Undercity to Vengeance Landing (Howling Fjord)
- Orgrimmar to Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra)
- Menethil Harbor to Valgarde (Howling Fjord)
- Stormwind Harbor to Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra)
- The current patch notes are incomplete, but will be more progressively more comprehensive in each patch.
World Environment Zones
- The following zones are available for testing: Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, and Grizzly Hills, Sholazar Basin, and Zul’Drak.
- The following dungeons are available for testing:
- Howling Fjord: Utgarde Keep (70-72)
- Borean Tundra: The Nexus (70-72)
- Dragonblight: Azjol-Nerub (72-74)
- Grizzly Hills: Drak’Tharon Keep (74-76)
- Storm Peaks: The Halls of Stone (77-79)
- All Classes are available for play. Spells and talents will be available for testing past 70.
- The Death Knight Hero class is now available for play.
- Death Knights will now start with 0 talent points at level 55.
- Creating a new Death Knight will start you at level 55 in Eastern Plaguelands.
- The Death Knight start zone, Acherus, the Ebon Hold, is fully implemented and is located in the Eastern area of Eastern Plaguelands.
Paladin Class Notes Only.
- All Auras now affect all party and raid members within the area of effect.
- Anticipation (Protection) moved to tier 1, now increases chance to dodge by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Avenger’s Shield (Protection) cast time reduced to .5 seconds, duration increased to 10 seconds.
- Avenging Wrath no longer causes Forebearance, damage increase reduced to 20%, now increases healing done by 20%.
- Blessing of Freedom renamed Hand of Freedom. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
- Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed. Their effects have been folded into all relevant abilities.
- Blessing of Protection renamed Hand of Protection. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. All ranks now cost 6% of base mana.
- Blessing of Sacrifice renamed Hand of Sacrifice, is now only 1 rank and transfers 20% of the damage taken to the caster, duration reduced to 12 seconds, cooldown increased to 2 minutes. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
- Blessing of Salvation renamed Hand of Salvation, now reduces total threat on the target by 2% per second for 10 seconds while also reducing all damage and healing done by 10%. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
- Conviction (Retribution) now increases critical chance with all spells and melee attacks.
- Divine Intellect (Holy) moved to tier 2, increases total Intellect by 3/6/9/12/15%.
- Divine Intervention cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
- Divine Protection and Divine Shield now cost 3% of base mana.
- Divine Purpose (Retribution) now reduces chance to be hit by spells and ranged attacks by 1/2/3%.
- Divine Strength (Holy) moved to tier 1 in the Protection tree.
- Greater Blessing of Salvation removed.
- Hammer of Justice now costs 3% of base mana.
- Hammer of Wrath is now considered a Retribution spell, moved from Holy, mana cost reduced, missile speed increased, now usable on targets below 35% health.
- Healing Light (Holy) moved to tier 2.
- Holy Shield (Protection) cooldown reduced to 8 seconds.
- Holy Shock (Holy) range changed to 20/40 yards when used on enemies/friends respectively, cooldown reduced to 6 seconds.
- Holy Wrath is now instant cast, causes a 3 second stun, cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, radius reduced to 10 yards.
- Illumination (Holy) moved to tier 3.
- Improved Concentration Aura (Protection) moved to the Holy tree.
- Improved Concentration Aura moved from the Protection tree to tier 4 in the Holy tree.
- Improved Devotion Aura (Protection) moved to tier 4, reduced to 3 ranks, now increases armor of Devotion Aura by 17/34/50% and increases all healing done to units affected by Devotion Aura by 1/2/3%.
- Improved Hammer of Justice (Protection) now reduces cooldwon by 10/20/30 secs.
- Improved Righteous Fury (Protection) threat bonus folded into base spell, talent still reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%.
- Improved Sanctity Aura (Retribution) renamed Sanctified Retribution, now causes all units affected by Retribution Aura to cause 2% more damage.
- Improved Seal of Righteousness (Holy) moved to tier 1, renamed XXX, now affects Seal of Righteousness, Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption.
- Improved Seal of the Crusader (Retribution) renamed Heart of the Crusader and the effects now apply to all Judgement spells.
- Judgement of Justice will no longer prevent Fear effects, only prevent NPCs from fleeing (e.g. at low health).
- Lay on Hands no longer drains all mana, cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
- Pure of Heart (Holy) reduced to 2 ranks, now reduces duration of Curse and Disease effects by 25/50%.
- Redoubt (Protection) moved to tier 2.
- Repentance (Retribution) mana cost changed to 9% of base, duration increased to 1 minute (10 second PvP duration), now usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids and Undead.
- Retribution Aura damage increased and now gains damage based on Holy spell power.
- Righteous Fury now increases threat caused by Holy damage by 90%.
- Sanctified Light (Holy) now also increases the critical chance of Holy Shock.
- Sanctity Aura (Retribution) removed.
- Seal of Justice/Judgement reduced to 1 rank with all the effects of the previous rank 2, the Judgement effect no longer prevents Fear.
- Seal of the Crusader has been removed. The effects of Judgement of the Crusader have been folded into all relevant abilities.
- Seal of Vengeance damage over time effect duration increased to 18 seconds.
- Spiritual Focus (Holy) moved to tier 1.
- Stoicism (Protection) moved to tier 2, now reduces duration of Stun effects by 10/20/30% and reduces chance your spells will be resisted by 10/20/30%.
- Toughness (Protection) moved to tier 3.
- Turn Undead (ranks 1 and 2) removed. Turn Evil now granted at level 24, mana cost changed to 9% of base.
- Unyielding Faith (Holy) moved to tier 2.
*Deep Spec Protection Paladin will be getting a “Seal of Corruption” it seems that does X over X damage in a AoE radius it seems. More info to come on that in time as things gets sort out for the class. Salvation seems to have gotten nerfed as well and left to be seen if that is set in stone.
Let all the theorycrafting officially begin! Hope you do get a sweet spot in the WotLK Beta, do let us know in case I’m that unlucky to get one. Playing the waiting game now.