Other Interesting Notes Coming in Patch 2.3
After reading the entire upcoming Patch 2.3 list notes yesterday. This is just a filtered version (Not Entire List) of the patch notes without the Class Specific Notes or PvP/Battleground notes. Only making note of other important little things that may be good to know or missed in that long list of patch notes. Again for the entire list its linked here.
Zul’Aman is a 10-player, level 70 outdoor instance located in the
Ghostlands. Players will be able to confront six new bosses including
the Forest Troll Warlord Zul’jin.
Guild Banks Introduced
The Guild Bank is a shared repository for an entire guild and will be
accessible through new NPC’s called guild bankers. The Guild Bank will
allow players with the appropriate permissions to store items and money
for use by the rest of the guild. Permissions to withdraw and deposit
money and items are controlled by the guild leader through the guild
controls menu. The Guild Bank is divided up into separate tabs so that
the guild leader may restrict access or group items into distinct
– Up to 6 purchasable tabs each containing 98 item slots
– Permissions to view/deposit/withdraw per tab
– You may use your Guild Bank withdraw limits to pay for item repairs
(now enabled on all merchants)
– Transaction logs of the last 50 actions in the bank viewable on a per
– Experience: The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been
decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of
experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and
– Expertise: We have added a new stat and associated rating called
expertise and expertise rating. Expertise rating converts to
expertise at the same rate that weapon skill rating formerly
converted at. Each point of expertise reduces the chance for your
attacks to be dodged or parried by 0.25%.
– Weapon Skill: All items and abilities that granted weapon skill have
been changed. In most cases, they were converted to expertise or
expertise rating. Ranged attacks do not benefit from expertise, so
ranged weapon skill has generally been replaced by critical strike
bonuses or hit bonuses. In a few cases, talents have been changed to
other effects to avoid granting players excessive amounts of
– Healing: Almost all items and enchantments that provide bonus
healing now also provide a smaller number (approximately 1/3) of
bonus spell damage. There are a few items and enchantments where this
was not possible, such as random-stat items and Zul’Gurub
enchantments, but this is now the case on virtually all other items.
– Quest givers who have available daily quests will have a blue
exclamation point instead of a yellow one.
– Vendor Discounts: All vendors with an associate faction now give
discounts at all levels above neutral.
Friendly: 5% discount
Honored: 10% discount
Revered: 15% discount
Exalted: 20% discount
A new world drop recipe for an Adamantite Weapon Chain has been
added. This new weapon chain both reduces disarm duration and
increases parry rating.
Daily cooking quests are now available from The Rokk in Shattrath
City! In addition to gold, you can receive random cooking reagents
and new recipes as a reward for completing these quests.
Duration of wizard and mana oils created by enchanters has been
Engineers can now create incredible new flying machines! Find Niobe
Whizzlespark in Shadowmoon Valley to learn these fantastic new plans.
Plans for a new Field Repair Bot are rumored to belong to a select
few Gan’arg Analyzers in Blade’s Edge Mountains.
Fishermen and women can now track fishing nodes. This ability is
learned from a journal sometimes found in crates obtained through
New fish can now be caught in Zul’Aman and Deadwind Pass. Recipes
for preparing these new fish are obtained through the daily cooking
Fishing difficulty reduced for some areas in Nagrand.
– Pets will try to get behind their targets when engaging in melee
– All old world dungeons have had their loot revisited. Players will
now find that all loot dropped inside instances will be of Superior
– Arena Relics: New relics have been added to support all talent trees
for relic users. In addition, most of the arena-system relics have
been renamed so there is a more consistent naming convention.
– Gladiator’s armor pieces of like nature from various seasons will now
all meet the requirements for their shared set bonus. This means if
you are using 2 pieces of Season 1 gear and 2 pieces of Season 2 gear
of the same design you will now have your 4 piece set bonus.
– Low Level Cloth Items: All agility and strength on low-level cloth
items has been replaced with other stats, usually bonus spell damage,
but also sometimes other stats beneficial to mana users.
– Ogri’la Faction Vendor: This vendor now sells potions useable
anywhere for a large number of Apexis Shards.
Dungeons and Raids
– Elite mobs outside of pre-Burning Crusade dungeons have been changed
– The level ranges of pre-Burning Crusade dungeons have been adjusted
to a narrower range.
– Meeting stone level requirements, the Looking for Group system, and
quests have been adjusted to match the new dungeon level ranges.
– Auchindoun: Sethekk Halls
Mobs inside Sethekk Halls will now continue to award Lower City
reputation into Exalted.
The number of creatures that must be killed in the Karazhan Servants
Quarters area before a miniboss spawns has been reduced.
Phase hounds in Karazhan will now phase out less frequently.
Coldmist Widows no longer wipe threat when casting Poison Bolt volley.
The Chess Event chess in Karazhan now has a tap list so it can only
be looted by players who were involved in the chess event.
– New random Daily Dungeon quests have been added for both the heroic
and non-heroic five-person Outland dungeons, as well as for the
5-person Caverns of Time instances. Each day both a single heroic
and a single non-heroic dungeon are randomly targeted by these
quests. The Consortium quest givers can be located in Shattrath’s
– Dustwallow Marsh
Many new quests have been added to the zone.
The Steamwheedle Cartel have just completed building the new town of
Mudsprocket in south west Dustwallow Marsh.
– Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction
– Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have
been changed to accommodate solo play.
– The Auction House UI has been much improved. The useless categories
have been removed (Plate-Cloak for instance) and a number of
additional sub categories have been added. In addition, many items
have had their category changed so that they make more sense.
– The Auction house time periods have been changed. Now items can be
put up for sale for 12, 24, or 48 hours. The option to put up items
for 8 hours has been removed.
– When you take damage and have a full screen UI up, the edges of the
screen will flash red so you know you are under attack.
– Inspect distance has been increased to 30 yards.
– When you inspect another player, you can now see their talent choices
as well as their equipment.
– You can now send up to 12 items in a single mail message.
– When you have unopened mail, you can mouse over the recent mail icon
and get the name of the people who most recently sent you the mail.
– Quests that are much below your level will now have the tag
(Low Level) in the gossip pane attached to the quest. This will
make it easier to tell which quest to accept when a quest giver has
both low and high level quests.
– When raid bosses send an important message to the center of your
screen it will be larger and have an effect that makes it more
– The raid warning command now appears in a larger font in the center
screen and grows and shrinks slightly when it appears to make it more
– The tooltip for Block on the character sheet now displays the amount
of damage reduced by a successful block.